Last updated May 2018
Who are we?
We are the Muncaster Estate family of companies and we are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with UK Data Protection legislation including GDPR), and we can be contacted at dataprotection[at]muncaster.co.uk
Our privacy principles are:
- We respect your personal data.
- We will store it securely.
- We will never share it with anyone else.
- We will delete it when you ask us to.
- We will not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area without your consent.
- We will always comply with applicable UK Data Protection legislation including GDPR when dealing with your personal data. Further details on Data Protection can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk).
How We Use Personal Information
- We collect information about you for specific purposes:
To process orders or enquiries from you
- To provide news and information to you
- To provide you with the best possible service
- To better understand our customers with the aim also of improving our service to you.
By subscribing to communications from us (e.g. by subscribing to our newsletter on the website or by indicating that we may contact you when purchasing from us online or when entering a competition) you may receive occasional mailshots with news or regarding special offers and new products that may be of interest to you. You will also be advised when an order was placed. You may unsubscribe from this contact by emailing us at dataprotection[at]muncaster.co.uk or writing to us at Data Protection, Muncaster Castle, Ravenglass, Cumbria. CA18 1RQ or using ‘Unsubscribe’ on the mailshots.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- phone number
- email address
The data we hold will be accurate and up to date, to the best of our endeavours. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us at dataprotection[at]muncaster.co.uk. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it.
The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy UK Data Protection legislation including GDPR.
We will not share your information with any 3rd party outside the Muncaster group of companies.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our website or order processing. This can include using technologies such as “cookies” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your settings to prevent cookies etc, although this may impair your online experience. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you to some extent unless you modify your browser settings.