EVENTS AND OFFERS AT THE PENNINGTON HOTEL
Festive Afternoon Teas
24th Nov - 19th Dec, 2019
Festive Afternoon Teas at the Pennington are available Sunday – Thursday from 24th November, 2-5pm, to prebooked parties only so booking is essential! Call our friendly team to reserve your table.
Selection of Hand Cut Sandwiches
- Turkey & Cranberry
- Prawn & Citrus Mayo
- Cream Cheese & Cucumber
- Brie & Cranberry
- Smoked Salmon & Dill Cream
Pigs in Blankets & Stuffing Skewers
Signature Seasonal Sweet Treats
- Festive Flavour Scones with Jam & Cream
- Mini Yule Log
- Sherry Trifle Shot
- Homemade Christmas Cake & Mince Pies
Aromatic Coffee or Traditional Afternoon Tea
£15.00 per person - call us to book
Why not make it extra special? Add a glass of Fizz for just £3.50
Our special 2019 Christmas Menu will set you up for the festive season!
Available lunchtime and evening from 25th November through to December 20th inclusive to prebooked parties only, booking is essential so give our friendly team a call to reserve your table.
Here's the menu..
- Homemade Butternut Squash & Sage Soup topped with Croutons & served with Crusty Bread
- King Prawns sautéed with Chilli, Lime & Garlic served with a Green Leaf Salad
- Pheasant & Apricot Terrine with an Onion Marmalade, Salad & Melba Toast Shards
- Wild & Button Mushrooms in a Rich Garlic, Cream & White Wine Sauce served on a Garlic Infused Crostini
The Main Event:
- Roasted, Herb Butter Basted, Local Turkey served with Traditional Accompaniments including Pigs in Blankets and Stuffing
- Smoked Haddock & Chive Risotto topped with Poached Hen’s Egg & Parmesan Shavings
- Beetroot & Brie Tarte Tatin served with Roast Potatoes, Dressed Seasonal Salad & Sweet Balsamic Glaze
- Homemade Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce
- Baileys & White Chocolate Cheesecake & Locally made Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Winter Berry Eton Mess with Homemade Shortbread Round
- Trio of Cheese with Chutney, Celery & Grapes with Assorted Savoury Biscuits
- Fresh Aromatic Coffee or Traditional Tea with Mini Homemade Mince Pie
£22.95 per person
Booking essential - call to book your table.
Not really wanting the usual Christmas lunch or dinner? Why not bring your party for a festive afternoon tea instead?
New Years Eve Celebration Dinner featuring Gin Gourmet Menu
Celebration New Year’s Eve Dinner, a sumptuous gourmet dinner served at 7.30pm with welcome drinks available from 7pm.
“A Taste of Gin Gourmet Menu” designed by our Talented Head Chef Helen
Arrival – Sparkling Gin Fizz Cocktail
Amuse Bouche – Basil, Gin & Tomato Soup
- Gin Smoked Duck Breast, Celeriac Remoulade, Hazelnut & Liquorice Gel
- Beetroot & Gin Cured Salmon, Horseradish Crème Fraiche & Lime Jelly
- Juniper & Chestnut Gnocchi, Gin Pickled Wild Mushrooms, Mushroom Ketchup & Parmesan Crisp
Intermediate - Crab, Apple, Dill & Gin Vinaigrette
Refresh - Gin & Tonic Sorbet
The Main Event:
- Juniper Crusted Venison, Dauphinoise Potatoes, Heritage Carrots, Crispy Kale & Sloe Gin Jus
- Seabass Fillet, Pan Roasted with Gin Tempura King Prawns with Butternut Squash, Leek & Saffron Fettuccini
- Goats Cheese & Beetroot, Gin Caramelized Tarte Tatin, Parmentier Potatoes, Walnut & Dressed Micro Herb Salad
- Marmalade Gin & Orange Tarte, Meringue Kisses & Honey Mascarpone
- Key Lime & Elderflower Gin Cheesecake with Lime Curd
- Chocolate & Raspberry Gin Delice with a Passionfruit Coulis & Chantilly Cream
To Finish - Aromatic Coffee & Gin Truffles
£59.95 per person ~ Booking Essential
Wedding Celebrations at the Pennington
Our restaurant can accommodate up to 60 for a formal three-course celebration menu or our seven-course Cumbrian tasting menu. As an alternative, our restaurant and bistro bar together will seat up to 85 for a buffet-style banquet.
We have a separate function suite too for evening or private gatherings and, with 24 well-appointed ensuite bedrooms, offer a luxurious and relaxing base for your guests.
Feel free to talk to us on a no-obligation basis about hosting your celebration at the Pennington.
Our chef specialises in fine cuisine with a Cumbrian twist using locally-sourced produce wherever possible. Table linen, use of our music system and use of our tableware etc for your wedding cake are included. Prices quoted are a base figure for parties of minimum 30 but we will work with you to tailor the menu for your tastes, for an event as individual as you are.
- Three-course celebration menu: £45 per person
- Seven-course Cumbrian tasting menu including Coffee: £65.00 per person
- Buffet-style wedding breakfast £30.00 per person
- Canapes from £3.50 per person
- Children’s meals 1 course £10.00, 2 course £15.00
- Evening function package- pick and mix from a selection of items including Cumbrian nibbles, bacon rolls, Cumbrian picnic and sweet treats, from £12.95 per person.